Malt products, (food ingredients derived from malted barley) are used in a wide variety of food and beverage applications. There are a wide selection of malt products available. Firstly there are malt flours, flakes & kibbled malt. Mahalaxmi Malt specialises in another malt product, malt extract. Malt extract is used in as a food ingredient to enhance and enrich variety of foods from biscuits, cakes and bread to ice cream and chilled meals.Malt extract is available in many different formats and Mahalaxmi Malt has the capability of offer all types:
- Liquid or Dried : Firstly malt extract can be either in liquid, vaccum dried form. Which format you use is down to the product you produce and your storage requirements. Liquid malt extract can be packed 25kg HM-HDPE rectangular jerry cans to 300kg HM-HDPE barrel or delivered in 15MT or 25 MT tanker loads. Dried malt extract is packed in moisture proof kraft bags of 25kg net wt with inner LDPE linning.
- Diastatic or Non-Diastatic: Secondly you can have diastatic malt extract (enzyme active) if your application requires it or non-diastatic .
- Colours, Aromas and Flavours: Thirdly it is produced so it can have varying colours, aromas and flavours, dependent again on the end use.
- BLACK COLOUR LIGHI MALT EXTRACT: Instead of using caramel as colouring agent in bread and bakery industries . People have started using dark black colour liquid malt extract.
- Cereals: Fouthly there is a choice of extracts. Malt extract is a made from malted barley. You can also have extracts derived from other cereals including unmalted barley, wheat. Mahalaxmi Malt offers barley syrup in both liquid and dried formats.
If you are a new buyer in the field, it can very confusing because of the variety of terms used by manufacturers, distributors and customers to describe the same products. If you are looking for malted barley extract, barley malt syrup, liquid barley malt, barley malt extract, liquid malt, barley extract, liquid malt extract, malt syrup, malt extract syrup, malt powder, malt extract powder. You may be looking for an extract made totally from malted barley or a proportion of malted barley and unmalted barley. Mahalaxmi Malt offers an extensive range of these products in liquid and dried form.